dithering

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
alexandreboudet

dithering

Post by alexandreboudet »

Hi,

I have a special need that i think many astronomers have. dslrdashboard is very helpfull for astronomers using nikon camera as myself.
We are using a little camera with a scope to autoguide astronomical mount in order to have a perfect stable rotation following the sky.
In order to stack correctly the subframes we took, a little trick is to apply a dithering between each pictures. the frame is juste moved a few pixels aside to avoide the bayer matrix make troubles in the stacking process. in this process we need to talk with the guiding software to tell him that the picture is done and it can make the dithering move. there is a little software that do the job called PHDmax. the only think he do is watching for new files in a directory. when a new file is saved PHDmax tell to the guiding software (PHDguiding) do dither. The little probleme is that DslrDashboard do not save any pictures in the intervalometre mode. may be it could be possible to make it save a file in a specified directory after each picture. juste a little log file could be ok, no need to download the picture from the camera.
Sorry for my hear scratching english... for technical discution it is a little bite tricky. hope you will understand me.

Many thanks for all your good work everyone.

Alex