SonyAlpha 6000 - qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM

qDslrDashbord error reports
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: SonyAlpha 6000 - qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM

Post by hubaiz »

Do you have the latest firmware and latest Smart Remote ?
tstusr

Post by tstusr »

Hi Hubaiz,

thanks for hanging in there with me. Regarding your questions:

- Latest firmware is on the camera. Tried to update and it told me that I already have the latest.
- Smart Remote is not changeable: The smart remote app running on the camera is not uninstallable or updatable in any way I have seen - unlike with other apps on the camera. So, since the firmware of the camera is up-to-date, I guess so is the app. Do you know how else I could check this?

Thanks!
Christoph777

Post by Christoph777 »

Hi tstusr,

I had the same problem on my a6000 with having live view and caputre working, but nothing else.
Just solved it! :D

Now, the problem is, that the app which is installed as default in the camera is the "smart control embedded" app. With this app it DOESNT WORK!
You have to go to the sony "play memories camera app" website and download the "smart control app", so you wont use the embedded app.

Here's the link to the app: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/ ... _00-F00002
If you dont have an account, here's what you do (its quite a pain):
Create an account, than find the smart control app and klick on install. Be sure the camera is connected via usb to the PC/Mac.
Than it ask´s you to install the "application downloader", do so and restart your browser. Go to the website again, than again click on install the app and it should install it on your camera.
This worked on mine.

In case it is not installing, check if your browser is blocking the application downloader.

Hope that helps.

Christoph