Crashes with Sony A7s

qDslrDashbord error reports
bcoope

Crashes with Sony A7s

Post by bcoope »

Ive been using dslrDashboard for ages with my Nikon D5100, Nexus 7 and wifi router and its amazing.
I mainly use it for the LRTimelapse feature.
This last week i started trying to use it with my Sony A7s, it connects with the Sony Remote App (wifi) and you can control the camera.
The issues come when trying to ramp exposure with LRTimelapse functions.

While using the built in camera trigger will fire the camera and display a jpeg preview (slowly), I can only get about 3 shots before it crashes the app.
It seems everytime dslrDashboard attempts to change the exposure settings on the camera it crashes ( I have tried longer interval times incase its the jpeg download that causing issues but same thing happens).
Then when reopening dslrDashboard (same for just reopening and fully closing and reopening), it opens straight into the LRTimelapse page and you cant get back out to the dslrdashboard options (unless i cant see the option to do this).
There also seems to be issues with changing the min exposure time and other settings within LRTimelapse page, its blank (havent tested the new version with my Nikon but will see if its just for Sony).
Ill get some screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

Any suggestions on what to try? Would love to use dslrDashboard for timelapse ramping rather than the sony apps (which are pretty limited).

-Ben
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Crashes with Sony A7s

Post by hubaiz »

Unfortunately the A7 is out of my budget, only got a a5100 for testing.
I made a test sequence with Nexus7 (2012) and the a5100 inside.
Used 4 second interval and slowest shutter speed was 0.8" Camera was in M mode.
I let it running ~400 images and it worked without any problem, think I had 1-2 missing captures (with 5s there would be none)
I enabled 'Auto direction' and leave at 40% so that I can test shutter speed changing with the 'Reference point' +/-

To get out of LRTimelapse screen disable 'Auto holy grail' and press the 'X' in upper right corner.

When qDD connects with Sony it needs some time till it gets all the properties from the camera.