App refocus when taking picture, please help!!!!

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
adinis78

App refocus when taking picture, please help!!!!

Post by adinis78 »

Hello all, started to go back and use the app with a D7200 and a tp-link 3040 router. And I have a question when taking a picture. So after I set my focus using the "AF" button on the app and then press the "camera" button, it starts to focus again then takes the shot. Is this normal? Anyway to have a af lock using the app? Thanks. Running latest verseion of the app on an iPad. Also noticed that I can't change the Focus mode via the app. I have to disconnect the app, change the AF mode (af-s,af-c, etc.) on the camera first before the app recognises the mode. Thanks in advance.
GonzoG

Re: App refocus when taking picture, please help!!!!

Post by GonzoG »

If AF button is red than it will focus before capture, if AF button is white it should not focus before capture.
To change it long press AF button.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

GonzoG wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 15:25 If AF button is red than it will focus before capture, if AF button is white it should not focus before capture.
Thanks will look into it again.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

adinis78 wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 15:44
GonzoG wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 15:25 If AF button is red than it will focus before capture, if AF button is white it should not focus before capture.
Thanks will look into it again.
When I long press the AF button it gives me the option to change focus types but again nothing happens