DOF Calculator

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
heinzvof

DOF Calculator

Post by heinzvof »

Hallo, in the DOF Calculator must be a mistake. I think the nearlimit must be the half of the Hyperfokal Distance.
But the Calculater shows other distances.
For example Nikon DX, Aperture 8, Focal Length 10mm, Distance 35m,Hyperfocaldistance 0,6679m, Nearlimit 0,6592m! (instead of 0,32m).
Heinzvof
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DOF Calculator

Post by hubaiz »

heinzvof

Post by heinzvof »

Hallo Mr. Hubaiz,
thank you for your answer.
First let me say, your Programm is excellent. I use it very often with my tablet as well with my pc. Many of my friends are also enthusiastic.
Now to my question:In the first of your quoted position :Wikipedia, there is under Nr.1 the following text:
"Definition 1: The hyperfocal distance is the closest distance at which a lens can be focused while keeping objects at infinity acceptably sharp.When the lens is focused at this distance all 0bjects at distances from half of the hyperfocal distance ]out to infinity will be acceptably sharp" So, when I put in the field Distance the hyperfocaldistance then the neardistance is o.k., but the result of farest distance is not Infinity. But when I put in the field distance another value i.e. 100m, the hyperfocaldistance as well as the farlimit is o.k. but the nearlimit is not the half of the hyperfokaldistance.
And beside I have one more Problem: the liveview dos´nt work with Nikon D7200. I use 2.7. With my other Camera D 300S it works perfect.
Thank you once more.
many greetings heinzvof
heinzvof

Post by heinzvof »

Hallo Mr. Hubaiz,
Sorry I made a mistake. I did not understand the meening of the field distance.Now I understand that using that field it shows me the hyperfocaldistance when the focusvalue is at that position. I compared your calculator with that hyperfocal calculator : www.striewisch-fotodesign.de there is no distance neccesary.
Sorry. Best greetings heinzvof