Will this work on a windows tablet.

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
michaelc

Will this work on a windows tablet.

Post by michaelc »

If I download the windows version, will it run on a windows tablet? I am looking at getting one and wanted to know if it would.
GonzoG

Re: Will this work on a windows tablet.

Post by GonzoG »

Download and try. It's that easy.
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

Didn't want to buy a windows tablet and find out it doesn't work.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

It is the same as you would as "will it work on android tablet"...
It should but it might not.
JeffN

Post by JeffN »

Last week I purchased an inexpensive Windows 10 tablet, customized it, upgraded it from Windows Home to Windows Pro, put it on my domain, and installed some oft-used software on it. Additionally, I installed qDslrDashboard for Windows.

A little while ago, I got to try the qDslrDashboard on the tablet connected to my Nikon D810 via a TP-Link TL-MR3040 converted to run OpenWRT and ddserver.

I've only played around with it for a few minutes so far, but I've seen no problems controlling the camera in and out of Live View, and receiving the images taken.

I'll eventually get around to doing more tests with the D810 and with my new D850, but for now, I am satisfied that the Windows tablet provides a decent platform for use with qDslrDashboard.

The tablet is a ~US$200 device made by Chuwi in China. It's Intel Atom-based, with four processor cores and comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB solid state disk shared between Windows 10 and Android 5.1. It will also take an up-to 128GB microSD card for Windows' use. The tablet dual-boots to either operating system. It was available from Amazon for about that US$200 after "clipping" a $30 coupon. With points I had on my Amazon card and free Prime shipping, I snagged it for under US$72. Amazon has an excellent return policy in case something you buy there doesn't work for you.

Regards,
Jeff
michaelc

Post by michaelc »

I got a surface pro 4 cheaply from a pawnshop its the I5 with 128gb hdd and 4gb ram.
Installed qdslr dashbord turned it on and connected without any errors.
While I just got it going last night I haven't taken any real photos yet.