Win 7 & QDSLR A/F not working?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
russellsnr

Win 7 & QDSLR A/F not working?

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Don't no what I am doing wrong as on my Android all works as should but for some reason I cannot get the A/F to work with Canon 6D when connected via USB to Win 7 64bit. I can alter focus manual via QDSLR but if I shift the focus point in A/F it will not focus and YES the A/F on the left side of screen is RED and Zadig utility is installed as the computer sees the camera in QDSLR Thanks for any help. Russ
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Win 7 & QDSLR A/F not working?

Post by hubaiz »

russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, tried this version but will not load the app at all I get the message as shown, yet the previous version works so I assume that the system error is within the software? I also use Helicon remote on the PC and works as it should.
QDSLR-dll.JPG
QDSLR-dll.JPG (149.26 KiB) Viewed 5289 times
Thankyou, Russ
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Please try installing the included vcredist in and also the 2012 one available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30679
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Ok I have tried the following. Downloaded both versions of the 64bit app the one from the download page and the one from your reply, the one from the download page starts up as it should, finds the camera via USB but will not focus the screen just flickers however I can change focus on screen manually. The secod version from your reply I am still getting the error as stated above, I have even deleted newer versions of the Win C+++ and installed the version from the download I also checked and the dll for both win 32 and 64 are installed correctly (see images).
I also have Helicon focus installed and that focuses without any problem. Thanks, Russ.
api file_32JPG.JPG
api file_32JPG.JPG (9.64 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
api file_64.JPG
api file_64.JPG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
Side note:- I have now got the app to open on two computers one Win 7 64bit the other Win 10 64bit but after trying with two cameras (6D and 70D) on both computers the app will not focus when I tap either the screen or the RED AF button on the left hand side yet Helicon focus works!! Some more info, If I turn off L/V in QDSLR and tap the AF button the cameras will focus??? Thanks, Russ