compatibility with lenses like 28mm Nikon PC lenes

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
exposureone

compatibility with lenses like 28mm Nikon PC lenes

Post by exposureone »

Hi, Yesterday I downloaded dslrdashboard and tried it with TP-link MR3040. My main intention was to use this set up to use my 28mm and 35mm Nikon PC lenses to focus on big mac air screen ( compared to camera screen). But it seems that since there is no communication between lens and camera it was not giving me correct exposure. Any one has any suggestion on this? Thanks in anticipation.
GonzoG

Re: compatibility with lenses like 28mm Nikon PC lenes

Post by GonzoG »

1. qDD cannot give you wrong exposure. It only reads it from camera.

2. What do you mean by "correct exposure"?? LV brightness or reading on exposure indicator??

3. What camera model ??
4. What camera settings - mode, LV mode, etc.
exposureone

Post by exposureone »

1)When I am in live mode on qDD my camera doesn't allow me to adjust anything from the camera so I need to adjust my shutter speed from the app itself....
2) correct exposure mean when I clicked the picture my final results are underexposed by almost 2 /3 stops...
3) I am using Nikon D700
4) my camera is on M, I adjust my aperture on my 28mm PC nikkor and I adjust my shutter speed from qDD after looking at the exposure scale
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

When in LV camera is in remote only control mode (PC sign on top LCD). You cannot change exposure, you cannot view pictures on camera LCD, you can only access camera menu but not all options are available.
This is how Nikon designed it to work.

As to exposure metering - in LV it works different than through viewfinder. Camera uses image sensor not dedicated exposure sensor so exposure incitations will differ and you have to learn how it works.
Even on newer models where LV is much better exposure indications differ in LV and in viewfinder.
exposureone

Post by exposureone »

Many thanks GonzoG for this input. Good day.