Nikon Z6/7

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
jip

Re: Nikon Z6/7

Post by jip »

Thanks for updating the app so quickly! It now works perfectly via OTG cable. I can't get it to work with WiFi still.
Not sure if that's a problem on my end or something in general. qDSLRdashboard just doesn't do anything when I press the Nikon WiFi button.

For some reason I now can't connect to the Z6 via SnapBridge WiFi too, which always worked. Tried it for 2 hours and it doesn't work.
I have no idea what is happening. Bluetooth connection works (that I never used), but direct WiFi or Bluetooth and then WiFi over SnapBridge both do not function at all anymore.

EDIT: I fixed it after another hour, by resetting everything on both devices (bluetooth, wifi, uninstalling snapbridge etc). So I can use bluetooth and wifi over snapbridge as well as wifi directly, but can't get qDSLRdashboard to work over WiFi.

IP is correct, 192.168.1.1, I am wondering about the port? Could it be different than the default "15740"? How can I find out?

Can someone else with a Z7 / Z6 chime in maybe?

Edit2: So the issue appears only on my smartphone (OnePlus 6T, Android 9). I then tried it on my tablet Huawei M3 Mediapad with Android 7 and everything worked instantly both via WiFi and OTG cable.

Is this something you might be able to fix Hubaiz? Or an issue of android 9 or OnePlus OxygenOS?
Nikon D850 + Z6
meridian5310

Post by meridian5310 »

Thank you for the quick update for Z6! Quick testing shows everything appears to be working properly for direct OTC connection (USB-C between Z6 and my Pixel 2). I still have some things to work out for connection with my Nexus 7 (micro-USB to USB-C/OTC issues, I think). Also haven't had time to check out wifi connection; sorry, jip, will try to do that in coming days.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

jip wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 16:00 Thanks for updating the app so quickly! It now works perfectly via OTG cable. I can't get it to work with WiFi still.
Not sure if that's a problem on my end or something in general. qDSLRdashboard just doesn't do anything when I press the Nikon WiFi button.

For some reason I now can't connect to the Z6 via SnapBridge WiFi too, which always worked. Tried it for 2 hours and it doesn't work.
I have no idea what is happening. Bluetooth connection works (that I never used), but direct WiFi or Bluetooth and then WiFi over SnapBridge both do not function at all anymore.

EDIT: I fixed it after another hour, by resetting everything on both devices (bluetooth, wifi, uninstalling snapbridge etc). So I can use bluetooth and wifi over snapbridge as well as wifi directly, but can't get qDSLRdashboard to work over WiFi.

IP is correct, 192.168.1.1, I am wondering about the port? Could it be different than the default "15740"? How can I find out?

Can someone else with a Z7 / Z6 chime in maybe?

Edit2: So the issue appears only on my smartphone (OnePlus 6T, Android 9). I then tried it on my tablet Huawei M3 Mediapad with Android 7 and everything worked instantly both via WiFi and OTG cable.

Is this something you might be able to fix Hubaiz? Or an issue of android 9 or OnePlus OxygenOS?
Could be that when the wireless connection is established the SnapBridge is trying to automatically to connect with the Z6.
As I understand in Z6 you can activate wireless without using SnapBridge (on D500, D850 you need SnapBridge to activate the wireless), so:
- you should enable the wireless on Z6
- pair your OnePlus wireless with the Z6 wireless
- start qDD and press the 'Nikon wireless' button. The 192.168.1.1 is the default camera IP, if you changed it in camera then long press the 'Nikon wireless' button and in the dialog enter the correct IP

* be sure that SnapBridge or the Nikon WMU application is not running in background as it will probably automatically connect to the Z6 when the wireless connection is established with it
dhg1960

Post by dhg1960 »

Hi,
I am on the verge of buying a Z6 and got to try it out in the shop. Connection via wifi to my iPhone 6s was no problem, I just turned it on on the camera and connected my phone to it. I then tried to connect dslrdashboard, this worked immediately. I tried to change some settings, also no problem. However, when I tried LV I ony got a black screen.
Is it planned to fix this or are there still issues which can't be overcome?
I would have gone for the d850 but the wifi issues put me off. I don't really want to go down the z route if there are also issues. I currently use a d750 which works perfectly with dslrdashboard
Regards, Dave
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

dhg1960 wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 15:49 Hi,
I am on the verge of buying a Z6 and got to try it out in the shop. Connection via wifi to my iPhone 6s was no problem, I just turned it on on the camera and connected my phone to it. I then tried to connect dslrdashboard, this worked immediately. I tried to change some settings, also no problem. However, when I tried LV I ony got a black screen.
Is it planned to fix this or are there still issues which can't be overcome?
I would have gone for the d850 but the wifi issues put me off. I don't really want to go down the z route if there are also issues. I currently use a d750 which works perfectly with dslrdashboard
Regards, Dave
Z6 and Z7 are fully supported in the latest qDslrDashboard (V3.5.7) and ControlMyCamera (V1.0.0).
Soon there will be an update with some more fixes
dhg1960

Post by dhg1960 »

Thanks for the info. On my ipad I have 3.5.3 so that is probably the reason. I have looked at updates on AppStore and don*t find any for dslrdashboard. I also did a search on AppStore hoping to just reinstal it from the cloud but there is also nothing listed there. How do I get the update ?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

dhg1960 wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 07:50 Thanks for the info. On my ipad I have 3.5.3 so that is probably the reason. I have looked at updates on AppStore and don*t find any for dslrdashboard. I also did a search on AppStore hoping to just reinstal it from the cloud but there is also nothing listed there. How do I get the update ?
You must first uninstall it and the follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201272
dhg1960

Post by dhg1960 »

Hi Zoltan
Many thanks, I would never have found that without your help.
I installed 3.5.7 on both iPhone and iPad and both now work perfectly with the new Z6.
Regards, Dave
jip

Post by jip »

hubaiz wrote: Could be that when the wireless connection is established the SnapBridge is trying to automatically to connect with the Z6.
As I understand in Z6 you can activate wireless without using SnapBridge (on D500, D850 you need SnapBridge to activate the wireless), so:
- you should enable the wireless on Z6
- pair your OnePlus wireless with the Z6 wireless
- start qDD and press the 'Nikon wireless' button. The 192.168.1.1 is the default camera IP, if you changed it in camera then long press the 'Nikon wireless' button and in the dialog enter the correct IP

* be sure that SnapBridge or the Nikon WMU application is not running in background as it will probably automatically connect to the Z6 when the wireless connection is established with it
Hi Hubaiz, thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out the problem so far. I think it's my phone's OS (OnePlus 6T) since it's working great with iPhones, my tablet and an iPad I tried. It's a pity since I used iPhones for years but couldn't get qDSLRdashboard and when I switched the app came back on the AppStore haha. Hopefully OnePlus will update the WiFi at some point, would be great to be able to use it.
Nikon D850 + Z6
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Try disabling the mobile data.