Canon EOS R

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Gortosch

Canon EOS R

Post by Gortosch »

Hello,

is it planned to support the Canon EOS R? If so, is it foreseeable until when this will be possible?

Many thanks for the great app. Good work.

Greetings
Sven
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by hubaiz »

I would like but Canon does not provide any documentation for developers.
Also I don't know anyone who would borrow one.
Eventually if you have the EOS R and willing to help I can build you a debug build for Windows/Linux/macOS/Android that would create a log file and maybe with it I could add better support for it.
Karlsruher

Post by Karlsruher »

Hi,

I do have an EOS R and have just purchased qDslrDashboard / Connect my Camera for iPhone, my intent was to use it for LRTimelapse. Here is my 30 min. review of what works and what doesn't.

What works:
- Wifi Connection
- Live View
- Camera Settings: Exposure, ISO, Aperture, etc.
- AF through iPhone Touch Screen
- Taking pictures

What does not work:
- Liveview is not immediately visible, after selecting/deselecting Video Lv it is there though
- If a picture is taken only a blank screen is displayed
- Taking videos
- Setting Modes (esp. to M Mode for LRTimelapse), only the mode which was available when already connected
- Taking a sample picture in LRTimelapse mode => Err 70 on the camera, will hang on power off, needs pulling the battery
- Sometimes, after approx. one minute without use the connection is dropped although the Wifi connection between iPhone and EOS R is still present. It will require a complete restart of the Wifi connection (EOS R, iPhone) to get connected again.

Please bear in mind that I haven't used qDslrDashboard before so I do not have a reference of how the intended function is.

I will not borrow you the camera ;-) I would test a debug build though if you send me one.

Regards

Otto
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi

I have a Canon EOS R and a Mac and a Windows Machine and Android and iOS device.

I would love to help debug a version , please let me know

Thanks

Nige
www.instagram.com/Levanterman
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Will build you a Windows debug version that will create a log file.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Here is the Windows x64 debug version: https://goo.gl/ZLeiHS
Just unpack the .zip file into an existing qDslrDashboard V3.5.7 x64 folder.
Start with one of the debug .cmd scripts (DirectX, OpenGL, Software).
On each start it will create a new qdd_<date_time>.log file in your Documents folder.
For start just connect to the camera, enter the LrTimelapse screen and make a sample capture.
Please send me the log file, use the support email (https://dslrdashboard.info/contact/)
Nige

Post by Nige »

Great, I'll do it today :-)
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi

Just trying to get it working now.

I have installed the files into the same folder as the existing QDSLRx64, when i run the cmd files it says it cannot find the debug.exe but its in the same file. I could edit the cmd file to put the full path?

Also i have never used QDSR on my windows machine only MAC, when i connect it says the the Connected Camera is not supported in [CameraWindow]

I'll try one of my other cameras to make sure its all working on windows now.

Nige.
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi

I mailed you a log file, but I can't get QDSLR to work on my windows machine, can we do a MAC version?

Thanks

Nige
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi

Sent you a small log with QDSLR trying to connect to the EOS R on wifi, it sees the camera but then disconnects.

Hope it helps

cheers

nige