NTC not working in version 3.5.7 QDD

qDslrDashbord error reports
hensil

NTC not working in version 3.5.7 QDD

Post by hensil »

Let me first state that the android tab and the phone I used does not have internet connection. However the location is on and this is the way I have be using QDD from quite long time. The default NTC setting of 2.0 worked good for a day to night holy grail timelapse.
However, after upgrading to the latest version of QDD I find the NTC does not work at all. It just make the night scene as bright as the day. I tried the NTC settings of 2, 3, 4, 5 and last night 1.5. They all give the same result, night exposure as bright as day.
I read somewhere that there is a way to feed in the gps location in QDD manually, how is it done?
Will the NTC work if the android has an active data to get live location?
I have ruined some good work due to this problem. Am I doing something incorrect?
Henry
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: NTC not working in version 3.5.7 QDD

Post by hubaiz »

What camera do you use?
What does the 'Son pos' dialog looks like? Are the latitude and longitude values the correct one in the 'Son pos' dialog ?
What was in the information panel in the LrTimelapse screen?
What settings did you use for the timelapse?

The manual gps will be ready for the next version.
hensil

Post by hensil »

Hi hubaiz,
I'll note all the information that you asked when I do a timelapse next time.
This happens with Z6, Z7, D800e and D4.
Henry
hensil

Post by hensil »

For the camera setting everything is in Manual. During the day I start with f/22, ISO 100 and appropriate Shutter speed. High ISO Noise Reduction, Long Exposure, D-Lighting are Off.
The earlier versions were working fine.
Keeping the internet active to get live location in the Android Tab will help?
Henry
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

No internet connection is required to get a GPS location.
Once it gets a valid location it will not require to search again.
hensil

Post by hensil »

Hi hubaiz,
Just now I again did a timelapse but this time took note of the Sun Location in the QDD.
The gps location was showing correct however, when I compared the Golden Hour and Blue Hour of QDD with the PhotoPill software, the QDD was showing 90 minutes ahead. That is, the PhotoPill showed Golden Hour at 6 pm whereas QDD showed 7.30 pm. And surely the QDD was off by 90 minutes.
To counter this I set the Android Tab timing 90 minutes earlier than the correct time and then the Golden Hour in QDD matched exactly with PhotoPill.
So is there any settings in the QDD to correct this or is this something you have to fix in the nest uodate?
I guess for now it should work properly by setting the time back. I'll confirm this when I'll do the next holy grail.
Thank you for this wonderful app.
Henry
PS:hubaiz, I had mentioned in another thread that when working with QDD and Z6 if the Live View is On in QDD and switched to LRTimelapse the Frame Count does not progress in LRTimelapse even though the external intervalometer is triggering the Z6. It works fine if the Live View is not On.