Canon EOS R

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
lichtakrobat

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by lichtakrobat »

Is there any news to support the Canon EOS R?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I did some fixes for the upcoming version (V3.5.9)
lichtakrobat

Post by lichtakrobat »

For an update, does the app have to be deleted and then reinstalled each time? Or is there a way to automatically download qDSRLDashboard from the store?
How do I know if an update is available?
Maybe it's easier to switch sometime to the App ControlMyCamera?
fnachtwey

Post by fnachtwey »

Hello hubaiz,

I`ve installed the new Version of ControlMyCamera (1.0.2) and unfortunatelly I´ve got the same problems like Karlsruher described on 15th December 2018(https://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewt ... 2699#p7601) with the LRTimelapse mode. If I'am taking a picture, the camera Shows the Err 70 on the screen. Does anybody else have the same problem in the newest Version??

If you need somebody to help you to debug the Version, I will try to do my best. Please let me know.

Kind regards
Frank

PS: For the last two month I had a Canon EOS RP and with this camera, the LRTimelapse mode worked very well. So I hope, that it will be possible in the future to use the LRTimelapse mode in a further version of ControlMyCamera for the EOS R, too. Thanks already for your support and engagement!!!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Can you try and use the SD card that you have in RP in R?
fnachtwey

Post by fnachtwey »

I´ve used the same SD Card, that I used in the RP, but there´s still the same ERR070. I´ve tried different SD-Cards (also Micro-SD-Cards) with different writing Speed (up to 150 MB per second), but with all SD-Cards I´ve got the same error. The camera allways take the Picture and a few seconds later the error comes up. The camera take the picture, but then, when the camera is trying to download the picture to the phone to analyse ist, there might be Problem?!
fnachtwey

Post by fnachtwey »

Hello,

I'd like to give a few more details. I have tested the app for both Android and IOS and on both operating systems I can connect to the camera, but after the first picture is taken I have no access to the camera and the app hangs or remains in download mode. Are there users who have already successfully used the app for time-lapse recordings?

Hopefully this bug can be fixed in a further Version.

Thanks so far for the great work.

Many greetings
Frank