SonyAlpha 6000 - qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM

qDslrDashbord error reports
Hamish

SonyAlpha 6000 - qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM

Post by Hamish »

Hi all,
I can't get them to work together, I can take a photo but can't change any settings. Can anybody get qDSLRDashboard to work with a Sony Alpha 6000

1. I downloaded and installed the qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM (alhough i'm not really sure what the difference is between the x86 version), it's for the Samsung Galaxs S4 Mini (also the Samsung GalaxyS4).

2. Turned on the Sony Alpha 6000 in M mode and started the Smart Control embedden function in the camera

3. Connected the phone to the camera's wifi

4. started qDslrDashboard and clicked on the Sony icon

5. selected LV (Live View) to see through the phone and so far it works

Problem: The settings at the bottom of the screen (Shutter, FNumber etc...) can beselected but don't change

Am I do something wrong, did I miss anything. The camera is inManual mode.
DonnyM

Re: SonyAlpha 6000 - qDslrDashboard_V0.2.6_Android_ARM

Post by DonnyM »

Try turning live view off and then make the adjustment. See if that works.
I don't have a 6000 so I'm spit balling here.

Donny
cgmds73

Post by cgmds73 »

I have the same problem.
I'm using a Sony Nex 6.
Try in live view and without live view. Also, i was using a Sigma lens with and EOS adapter so i changed the lens and put the original sony kit lens, and no luck: i can't change iso, speed or aperture it dosn't matter if live view is on or off :(
tstusr

Post by tstusr »

Hi!

Same problem here on Sony RX100 mark III and over iOS. I can take pictures, change exposure compensation, but no other setting. Would have been cool to use this as a portable version for timelapses.
As far as I know Sony published an API for the WiFi of the Sony Cameras which should allow to change all these settings:

https://developer.sony.com/develop/cameras/

Any chance to include these Sony cameras? If we had that, I would even prefer qDslrDashboard to the sony memories app when using the Sony QX1 - could be a very compact and powerfull combination....
Thanks!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

qDslrDashboard uses the Sony API that you referred.
tstusr

Post by tstusr »

Thanks, hubaiz, for clarifying.

Do we have a clue on why it doesn't work then? I could imagine following scenarios:
- Error in qDslrDashboard
- Old firmware on my cam that does not yet fully support API
- Lack/error of implementation of the API on Sony side

I will check today or tomorrow if there is a newer firmware for my cam, update and retry qDslrDashboard.
Thanks!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I only had the NEX6 and now the a5100, for both models I need to install the 'Smart remote' application
For the a5100 I needed to upgrade the camera firmware.

On both cameras I need to start the 'Smart remote' application, then I need to pair my device (Android, iOS, Windows etc) wireless with the camera wireless and finally I start qDD and press the 'Sony wireless' button.
tstusr

Post by tstusr »

Hi!

So, I've tried the following, unfortunately without success. Still cannot change iso, speed, aperture from the app.

- Update firmware: I already had the latest
- Tried android: Same behavior as on iOS
- Different shooting modes: M, A, S. Seems that in M it should be working as at least the settings are selectable from the app. Just when selecting a new aperture it does not get transmitted to the cam and just stays the same.
- tried updating the app on the camera, but seems that the "Smart Remote Embedded" is not updatable. Could not delete or reinstall it.

Any other ideas what I could try? Any way to figure out if this is a qDD problem or if the Sony API is not working correctly?
Thanks!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

After connecting to camera and without enabling live view do you can change any of the values while the exposure mode is set to M?
tstusr

Post by tstusr »

Unfortunatelly, I cannot change the values (aperture, shutter speed, iso) even though live view is disabled and camera in M mode.

I can select, e.g. iso in DD and choose a new value from a list, but when I select the new value it does not get transferred to the camera. Also DD shows the old value again after the selection eventhough I had selected a different one.

Thanks!