Canon Eos750D BUG

qDslrDashbord error reports
JSt

Canon Eos750D BUG

Post by JSt »

Hello,

Im using qdslr with a canon eos 750d, the app doesnt let me trigger with a external intervallometer, but i need this function for my slider controll unit to be able to work like it should.

Is there any Canon user or other person out there that could help?
wlayher

Re: Canon Eos750D BUG

Post by wlayher »

Hi,
did you activate live view in qDDB before starting your timelapse? In this mode you have to use the internal intervalometer from qDDB (this fact is stated in the screen "LRTimelapse settings").
I use motion controllers from Syrp and triggering the camera via the intervalometer in the Genie Mini works only if I deactivate live view in qDDB. The Auto Holy Grail adjustments of LRTimelapse work via processing of the transferred jpegs, so live view is not necessary to follow the progress.

HTH
JSt

Post by JSt »

Thank you for answer.

Button is clearly deactivatet. Doesnt work...
Cant even take one photo.

Also the camera doesnt let my take a foto with pressing the shutter button on the camera.

Is there any other setting that i could take?

Btw: i dont own a slider now but i want to buy one so i have to know if it works.
Last edited by JSt on 09 Aug 2019, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

Depending on the intervalometer you are using, are you aware of this problem with some intervalometers?
JSt

Post by JSt »

Yeah i heard about the hack and tried but it didnt work.

The camera doesnt even let me take a picture by pushing the shutter on the camera, when qddb is conected.
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

JSt wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 14:43 Btw: i dont own a slider now but i want to buy one so i have to know if it works.
I have a Syrp Genie, two Genie Minis and a Magic Carpet slider. The cameras (5D Mk3, 7D or 40D) are triggered via the Syrp cable from one of the motion controllers. The camera is connected via USB to a pocket router (TP-Link TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3) and from there via wifi to qDDB. I find the wifi connection more convenient as I can move the tablet with qDDB around without risking a dropped connection on the USB port. Also the port is free for connecting the tablet to a power bank during longer sessions. No modifications on the cables that are involved. No problems with LRTimelapse Auto Holy Grail. This combination works for me.
JSt

Post by JSt »

Thanks for your help.
Okey do you use the camera integrated wlan also (of your camera has one)?
Because i am using it and may there is the mistake in my setup.

Sorry my englisch is not very good :D
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

None of my cameras have integrated wifi. I use a pocket router for this. The 750D has integrated wifi, so you don't need any router device for this. Set the camera to manual and RAW+Jpeg, small jpegs are enough for this. Then connect your camera to qDDB, do not activate live view and select the LRTimelapse button. Make your exposure settings there. Set up your motion control hardware (movement, intervals) and connect the trigger cable from the motion controller to the camera.
Start your timelapse on the external motion controller and qDDB should take over exposure control automatically.
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

JSt wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 14:59 The camera doesnt even let me take a picture by pushing the shutter on the camera, when qddb is conected.
One more thing: the shutter button on the camera or on an external cable release does not work when live view is active in qDDB, i.e. if you can see the live image in the app. This is normal. You should use the shutter button in the app for taking pictures in this state. If you switch off live view in the app the shutter button on the camera will work and the external intervalometer will also work.
JSt

Post by JSt »

Tested it, doesnt work :lol:

Im driving crazy :lol:

Maybe this is because of the capture in progress bug?