Unable to set path for storage

qDslrDashbord error reports
FalCT60

Unable to set path for storage

Post by FalCT60 »

Hello,
3.5.9 on Galaxy Note 9. No photos are saved to the default path (/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/DslrDashboard, which seems the same as Pictures/DslrDashboard from the file explorer) with destination set to local (if set to camera, they go to the camera's SD card, that is OK).
From the settings, I can go up in the tree, for instance to /storage/emulated/0/Pictures, but then again no pictures are stored.
If I happen to go up too far, for instance to /, there is no way to browse any folder, so the only way to get a path is to erase the application data from within the android preferences.
There must be something I did not understand. And - BTW - there is no SD card, only the internal storage.
Rgrds,
J.-L.
Radek_Z7

Re: Unable to set path for storage

Post by Radek_Z7 »

I have quite similar problem with my devices. With Samsung S7 (where I want to use the SD card) it didnt save any picture with the path, which was initially set in the settings. So I just had to go all the levels of the folder tree up to the root and then go back clicking subfolders to reach the target folder. Then it started saving the images.

It seams, there is some problem with path syntax. In my second device, Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4", if I go to the root of the directories structure, I cant go back, the system doesnt show me any folders to go back...
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Images are always saved to the camera SD card. If you enable 'Image review after capture' or the 'Quick image review after capture' then if available the JPG image is downloaded to the controlling device and it will be displayed.
In case of 'Quick image review after capture' with newer Nikon models if RAW is the capture format then then JPG preview image is downloaded and displayed from the NEF file.
If you long press the 'Capture' button it will turn red indicating that the captured image files will be downloaded after capture.
FalCT60

Post by FalCT60 »

Hello,
With earlier verion and G-Note 3, I could have the NEF files loaded to the smartphone (and geotagged).
This seems not possible anymore and, obviously, the photos I shot before posting were saved nowhere using default settings (camera SD card empty after shooting).
I only could manage to get photos saved to the camera SD card after diving into the settings.
New phone, new version... I ought have tested this a few days before.
Rgrds,
J.-L.