EOS 70D + LRT + NMX-Controller

qDslrDashbord error reports
KayR

EOS 70D + LRT + NMX-Controller

Post by KayR »

Hello,

I know a few other told the same. Want to use Tablet + LRTimelapse + NMX-Controller.
Android tablet works fine (wired and wireless), but qdd never fires the flash for synchronizing the nmx-controller (working in slave mode).
Ipad no way for live view (crahes as soon starting it), but most times LRT is working (taking pictures, showing pictures taken) and is synchronising the nmx-controller. In my mind there is something strange with the EOS 70D.
EOS 7D, wired with Android tablet is working perfect all the features.

Hope it is helping you for finding the problem
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: EOS 70D + LRT + NMX-Controller

Post by hubaiz »

I bought a EOS 70D for testing (arrived a week ago)
Got it working on all platforms. Tested with ddserver, USB and the built in wireless.
Also managed to get working the EOS Utility mode where the 70D wireless can connect to your local wireless network.

Need to do some more test and then will submit V0.3.2 for review and also release this version for all the platforms.
cathy

Post by cathy »

That's great news about the new version Did you manage to fix th crashes when in Af lens mode ....WORKED FINE IN MANUAL MODE but not when you switch the lens switch to Af on the Lens it would crash IOS 9.1 iPad 4th gen 64G built in wifi or the Tplink or Hame routers it would crash.

When you said you tested it on ddserver is that Tplink mr3040 and the Hame routers ?
Cathy
KayR

Post by KayR »

Thanks, sounds great.
Switching off the autofocus is realy doing well, so I can use the iPad for working with LRT.
Any idea (known bug?) why the synchronizing with the nmx-controller (slave mode) with android doesn´t work?
Will there be a zoom mode with iOS (like android) in the future release? Would be great for focusing more acurate.

Looking forward testing the next version soon.
Thx Kay
jbrookfi

Post by jbrookfi »

I have the NMX controller working - to some degree - with a Nikon D800 and D810. DSLRDashboard is 0.3.1 for iOS (9.0.2(

I have problems with the reporting of the NMX current position so although it is possible to define an IC curve for the NMX (build 41) and the motors are sent to the start position correctly, the NMX is never told to move the motors. I can define the start and end positions through the MOCO dialog but here too the reporting of the current position is unreliable.

Therefore what I do is to use the IC dialog to control the interval, LRTimelapse option to control the exposure but the Dynamic Perception NMX app to move the motors. The NMX is running in "external input" (i.e Slave) mode with a PC Sync cable running from the camera to the NMX - I am not using one of those hot shoe connector blocks.

I would love to be able to use the IC dialog to control the motors - it would be amazing to be able to do everything through one app and have more than simple linear moves of the NMX. However the ability to use different intervals is already an incredible feature.

Jeremy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Yes I did test with MR3040 and Hame to

Here is a test version for Android that contains the fixes for the Canon DSLR I added: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
cathy

Post by cathy »

Thanks for testing both the mr-3040 and the Hame and for the update on the android version ......Thank you

How long do you think it will be till we are able to download the iOS version ...? With the focus fixes
Regards .
Cathy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Guess around 10-14 days.
Please try the test Android version, if everything is ok will see to submit the iOS version for review.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Will do ! 10-14 days will be great hoping to have the iOS version working well before the release of the new Apple iPad pro ,
little late here in Oz but will test it in the morning and let you know how it goes ......If some else can test lrttimelapse and Nmx controller and let you know as well.
Cathy
KayR

Post by KayR »

You did it! Now it is possible (with android v 0.3.2) using the nmx-controller in slave mode while doing a shooting with LRT in qdd.
If the iOS version will do the same and beeing available before 10th november I can take my iPad mini with me for the next travelling (else just the Nexus)

Many thx. Kay