The new iOS version 0.3.4 blows out

qDslrDashbord error reports
cathy

Re: The new iOS version 0.3.4 blows out

Post by cathy »

Done some more tests today !
Both 0.34 on iPad and android ….( Bought the android version today )

Nikon D810 iPad and TP router

Picture thumbnails not displaying correctly thumbnail box black but you click on it and it will display the picture.

Now canon 5D mark 3 same thumbnails not displaying correctly like on the d810 .

Video from the D810 is saved to the android plays back ok on the android but no sound .

Canon 5D Mark 3 video saves to android but will not play .

Video from the Nikon D810 saves to iPad but will not play but I can upload it to YouTube link below and watch it !

http://youtu.be/sWrs_0mfi-0

Video will not save from the canon 5D mark 3 to iPad ... But a twist to this story next day I checked my iPad and the video is in Qdslrdashboard I can watch it and also hear it .......I will sit down with all my cameras the next few days and do a video with my other half and have discovered my 70D video file on the iPad that does play and has audio as well .....need some notes taken .

Now need a way to get the video files out of Qdslrdashboard as if I click to send to facebook or YouTube Qdslrdashboard crashes the videos from the 70D and 5D mark 3 are in there but no way to export them or saves asi said the app crashes.

Zoltan seems to be getting there with this app on all platforms but anybody can confirm this may help him get it fixed quicker

Please lend a hand to get some more results for him this app is just about the next best thing to sliced bread !

Also deleting pictures that you have downloaded on the android causes some graphic artifacts.

Focus shift change focus by touching the iPad screen or Samsung screen changes focus ok on the both the canon 5D Mark 3 and the Nikon D810.

Unlike the canon 5D mark 2 blows out if you touch the iPad screen to change focus ok on Samsung Galaxay note 2014 edition .

Graphics on android some weird artifacts when hitting the photo download button .
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Thanks for your efforts in testing.
Will check out.

The video playback is more up to the platform codecs, but will check.
On iOS the images and videos should be added to Photos after downloaded from SD card if enabled in qDD settings.

Regarding the 5DM2 focus change problem I have a promise from a friend that he will give me it for testing.
The iOS and Android focus changing code is the same, so must be some iOS related problem.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Thank you for the reply !

i don't mind doing these tests if it means that the app on different platforms will be fixed quicker !

Just to confirm what button should be ticked in the settings for the pictures to be downloaded and saves to iOS photos ?

With the 5D mark 2 focus problem will be happy to get it fixed for good :D as it works fine on the Android platform and on the 5D mark 3.

I like the idea of having the videos saved to the iPad and android so we can upload straight to YouTube .

With the tests on the 5D mark 2 I use a empty cf card with no Magic lantern on it the same with the 70D and 5D mark 3 as if you do have magic lantern on the card you will get a lot of mixed results believe me I know I have tested it with and without and I ALLways have no magic lantern on the cameras while testing Qdslrdashboard .
Will be good also to have the Graphicial problems fixed in the Android version .
Regards
Cathy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

The setting is under the Image category and it is 'Save JPG files to Photos' will rename it as it is not the best one. 'Add downloaded media files to iOS Photos' think will be good.
It will add images and videos to Photos (currently the Canon video files will not work, fixed for V0.3.5)
I tested with latest iOS version.
cathy

Post by cathy »

Thanks for the quick reply !

Yes I have allways had save Jpg files box ticked yes I think renaming it would be a great idea it will save a lot of confusion .

Great news about the save video files to photo's in version 0.3.5 if all goes well should be able to upload to YouTube within mins of finishing it I see the file in qdslr but not in the photos directory of the iPad .

If you need a specific test done let me know as I have a 70D ,5D2 ,5D3,and a D810 .

Regards
Cathy
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi Zoltan,
Any update on the 5D Mark 2 focus fix ?did you get the 5D mark 2 from your friend for testing yet ?
Cathy
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Unfortunately not yet. :(
cathy

Post by cathy »

Ok thanks for the quick answer !
cathy

Post by cathy »

Hi Zoltan,
Any update on the 5D Mark 2 focus fix ?did you get the 5D mark 2 from your friend for testing yet ? Been a while now
Cathy
Atze

Post by Atze »

Give it a update for the 5D mark2 focus crash ? or maybe a older version that works ?