v0.30.33 - focus stacking howto?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
NickC57

v0.30.33 - focus stacking howto?

Post by NickC57 »

Hi

I have finally got USB working with my Nexus 7 so it sees my camera (EOS 7D Mk II)
In my older version of QDslrDashboard I had used focus stacking before, but it stopped working.

Now I have 0.30.33 (according to Google Play - I can find nowhere in the app to get the version number).
The interface has changed quite significantly and one issue for me is that there seems to be no way to set the start and end points for focus stacking any more.
In fact the Focus Stack mode just throws up a dialog box now to enter number of steps, size and direction. I guess focus is by the LV panel but that has no buttons for start and end points for a stack.
There is still a stacking button so I guess there must still be functionality but I can't find it and the manual doesn't show this new interface at all.

Are there any instructions or can I no longer do stacking (the only reason I bought DSLRDashboard ; and I note BTW that the name has dropped the q and the version number seems to have regressed from 0.34).
GonzoG

Re: v0.30.33 - focus stacking howto?

Post by GonzoG »

0.30.33 is not qDSLRDashboard. It's old DSLRDashboard and it doesn't have many functions that qDD has.
NickC57

Post by NickC57 »

Interesting - thank you.
Google Play has never shown me the non-'q' v ersion before.
I'll have a look for the 'q' version.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Till November 2015 there were no qDD on Google play. Only old version (pre qDD) was availabe there.