DDB on TP Link MR3020

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
_tido_

DDB on TP Link MR3020

Post by _tido_ »

Dear Zoltan, Dear Community,

First thank you for your amazing work and the way you are sharing it.

Unfortunatelly, Amaz*n disrupt the TP Link MR 3040 in France, and the price proposed by some resellers is indecent. So i tried to recycle my old MR3020 to install OpenWrt and DDServer. If it succeed, i will by a small usb battery.

I flash the MR3020 it with the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin that i found on openwork website, and then use the openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade that you provided by link some threads above http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90

When i connect to my router with my browser, i can see that there is a ddserver that is installed. I press on start just in case it was not started automatically.

But with qDslrDashboard on OS X (connected by ethernet to the router / ping to 192.168.1.1 working / able to use openwrt web interface) , i can't see any image from my EOS 550d dslr. When i click on Searching DDserver button, i have the message Searching for deserved that appear on the bottom of the screen but the message disappears seconds after, and nothing else is displayed.
(Note that when i plug my camera with usb to my MAC, the dashboard display the image from my camera).

How may i check that ddserver is running on the router with simple command lines ?

EDIT : add my camera reference to let user knows that this is working fine.
Last edited by _tido_ on 04 Apr 2015, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: DDB on TP Link MR3020

Post by hubaiz »

Please try and long press the 'Netowrk' button and enter the 192.168.1.1 and finally press 'Connect'
Does this work when you connected your DSLR to MR3020 with USB and turn it on?
_tido_

Re: DDB on TP Link MR3020

Post by _tido_ »

Yes it works. Sorry if this was in the manual, i should have read it :oops:

Just a few test to make, and i'll buy your iOS app.

thanks again.