Cotrolling multiple cameras

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Coryrhodes78

Cotrolling multiple cameras

Post by Coryrhodes78 »

Forgive my complete lack of knowledge in this area. I need to be able to control at least 4 cameras from one tablet (underwater). This can be acheived wired or wirelessly, with whatever android or windows tablet people suggest. I have not locked in cameras either, only that they will be mid range Canon's.

I have looked and looked for a thread detailing how to do this, it may be that there is one but I just didn't understand the language and terminology being used.

I am at level 0 for all things coding and for most things computer. I can learn quickly, I just need to know where the bottom is to start. I also follow instructions very well :D

Thanks in advance for any help given

Cory
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Cotrolling multiple cameras

Post by hubaiz »

You can connect to multiple cameras two ways

- using USB connection connecting the DSLR to the USB hub that is connected to the controlling device
- using the MR3040 wireless router and connecting the cameras to and USB hub that is connected to the MR3040

I guess wireless will not work under water.
Jcsteck

Re: Cotrolling multiple cameras

Post by Jcsteck »

I have succesfully mounted a sort of wireless video switcher. You will need one android device (I used smartphones) connected to each camera via USB with DSLRDashboard running on each device. THen, from my Macbook, I use a screen mirroring software that will allow me to view and control every smartphone and, thus, every camera. Mirror Op will let you visualize and control 4 phone screens at the same time and it is not to expensive. Remember to also install the Sender Op on each smartphone. It has a version for tablets too. Hope it helps.