iPad and dropped wifi connections w/D750

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Conrad

iPad and dropped wifi connections w/D750

Post by Conrad »

Thank you for entertaining my question. I searched for awhile on this/these topic(s) but am not finding an answer. It such an answer already exists I apologize for the redundant post.

I am trying to start time lapsing and have purchased the qDSLRDashboard app for iPhone and iPad and a Nikon D750.
(FWIW. I am using the iPhone simply to replicate the problems I am experiencing on the iPad as the phone is too small to be functional for me.)

I have tried several times to connect and use the app, but run into the same problems on both the iPhone and iPad.

1. Both i-devices disconnect from the wifi after several minutes. I do not have any timeout settings engaged so not sure where to look next. For the moment I am only 1 meter from my camera.

2. When I do connect it takes over a minute for the app to become active where I can make manipulations to the camera. Perhaps that is normal.

3. Even when the app is active the response to commands have a large lag time before they become actionable. For example, if I press any command button it may take 5-10 seconds for a response.

4. I don't know if this is related to wifi or not but is there a way to connect camera and iPad directly?

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Conrad