manual focus with 100% tap in live view mode

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
dafeudslrdashboard

manual focus with 100% tap in live view mode

Post by dafeudslrdashboard »

It would be a great addition, if 100% view in live view mode with double klick / tap for manual focus assistance would be implemented. I would consider that a killer feature, because live view with manual focus is the best mode to fully use the potential of sharp lenses and high resolution sensors. Optimum focus is hard to get through auto focus with many lenses because of focus shift, field curvature and less than optimal auto focus accuracy. With your app and a few taps you could get optimum focus not only at the focus point, but on the entire picture with respect for depth of field, field curvature and focus shift.
That is already possible with live view on the camera, but with your app one could use a bigger and better screen (Laptop or tablet) and the selection of different image parts would greatly speed up with a mouse / touch instead of the controls found eg. on the nikon d750 or d810.

I would make a donation for the implementation of that feature.

Side note: I could not search for a posting with a title containing similar words, phpBB want's me to search for something else ("The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: manual live view focus.")...