Android phone can not see the photos

qDslrDashbord error reports
wlsx2003

Android phone can not see the photos

Post by wlsx2003 »

Hello hubaiz, any one can help?

By tp-link3040 transfer Canon SLR photos inside

JPG photos will be transmitted to Android phones

But the Android phone can not see jpg pictures, you must delete DslrDashboardThumbs folder and restart Android phones to find photos.

Thank you hubaiz!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Android phone can not see the photos

Post by hubaiz »

By default the downloaded images are saved to DCIM/DslrDashboard folder on Android.
You can change this folder in qDslrDashboard options.

The DslrDashboardThumbs folder that you are referring is only used to store the image thumbs from the downloaded images and it is safe to delete.
Actually there is an option that is on by default that will clear the DslrDashboardThumbs folder on qDslrDashboard exit.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

If you cannot see photos in different app than qDD (e.g. system app) - it's has nothing to do with qDD. Install different app for viewing photos - like QuickPic.

Standard system gallery app often has problem with updating list of media files.
wlsx2003

Post by wlsx2003 »

hubaiz wrote:By default the downloaded images are saved to DCIM/DslrDashboard folder on Android.
You can change this folder in qDslrDashboard options.

The DslrDashboardThumbs folder that you are referring is only used to store the image thumbs from the downloaded images and it is safe to delete.
Actually there is an option that is on by default that will clear the DslrDashboardThumbs folder on qDslrDashboard exit.

JPG pictures transfer to the phone, in DslrDashboard folder, you can see jpg pictures files. But the system image manager( system gallery app) can not see these photos.
you must delete DslrDashboardThumbs folder and restart Android phones image manager( system gallery app) to find photos.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

wlsx2003 wrote:JPG pictures transfer to the phone, in DslrDashboard folder, you can see jpg pictures files. But the system image manager( system gallery app) can not see these photos.
you must delete DslrDashboardThumbs folder and restart Android phones image manager( system gallery app) to find photos.
So it's a problem with your phone, not qDD.
Change app in which you're viewing photos. I use QuickPic, it scans for photos on each start, not like built in your phone which is scaning only on boot.
wlsx2003

Post by wlsx2003 »

GonzoG wrote:
wlsx2003 wrote:JPG pictures transfer to the phone, in DslrDashboard folder, you can see jpg pictures files. But the system image manager( system gallery app) can not see these photos.
So it's a problem with your phone, not qDD.
Change app in which you're viewing photos. I use QuickPic, it scans for photos on each start, not like built in your phone which is scaning only on boot.
Thank you for your answer.

But I several Android phone or Android tablet is the same problem.

If you transfer photos from your computer to your phone, Android phones image manager( system gallery app) can view immediately.

On my note4(Android5.0.1), DslrDashboardThumbs simply delete this folder, you can see the pictures,Vice versa.
Another Android tablet(Android4.2.2), you need to restart before they can see.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

3rd time - It's problem with your system, not qDD. Change this useless built-in gallery app.
wlsx2003

Post by wlsx2003 »

GonzoG wrote:3rd time - It's problem with your system, not qDD. Change this useless built-in gallery app.
Why Android system gallery APP not? Many phones are the same.
Use only QuickPic?

Previous DslrDashboard seems there is no such problem.
wlsx2003

Post by wlsx2003 »

GonzoG wrote:3rd time - It's problem with your system, not qDD. Change this useless built-in gallery app.
Use only QuickPic?

GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

wlsx2003 wrote:
Use only QuickPic?

By default android scans for media files only on boot, so later added files are not added to gallery app. You need to rescan phone for media files manually to see them. Also it often does not show duplicates.

QuickPic scans every time you lunch application and while it is running it motitors every file written to phone/SD card.
Possibly other app do it the same way. I use QuickPic so other apps are unknown to me.

I haven't used system gallery app for years now and I don't miss it.