shutter release works in Windows but not Android

qDslrDashbord error reports
frederic

shutter release works in Windows but not Android

Post by frederic »

Using the latest version of everything DSLRDashboard, Windows 7, Android 4.0.4 (tablet). it's a D3X with a Manual (unchipped) lens attached. Set for release priority.

On Windows, with either USB or WiFi connection, everything seems normal. Namely, when I push the shutter release button, the camera operates, the JPG preview appears and the .NEF remains on the camera (which is what I want, and how the options are configured).

On Android, everything seems to work except the shutter release. When I push the button, "Camera operation start" flashes briefly and nothing happens. When I hold the button down to change the mode from leaving the image on camera to bringing it to the tablet, then the button / shutter release works and the files (jpg and NEF) come to the tablet (which is not what I want).

This behaviour is the same in normal operation or LiveView.

I have tried this side-by-side, simply moving the cable from the Windows to the Android, no camera changes.

I really don't want to drag my laptop into the field, so want to get the tablet working.

Any ideas?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: shutter release works in Windows but not Android

Post by hubaiz »

Do you use on Android also qDslrDashboard or did you download it from Google Play ?
qDslrDashboard on Android uses the same code as on Windows, so if it works on Windows it will work on Android to.
frederic

Re: shutter release works in Windows but not Android

Post by frederic »

That's it. I assumed the playstore version would be current. The shutter release works on the side-loaded version! Now for more experimentation.

Thanks for your help!