qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta7 for Android ARM

qDslrDashbord error reports
iotum

Re: qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta7 for Android ARM

Post by iotum »

Hi - I'm new to timelapse but directed here from LRTimelapse website.

I've been trying the qDSLRDashboard across 2 cameras and 2 Android devices. One is the Canon EOS 5D MK2 from a Samsung S4 USB connected and this crashes at launch as experiencd by others. I tried going back to 0.29 and got it working ok on the S4 but when I then tried it on a Nexus 7 2012 it crashed on that at launch.
My other camera is the new Canon EOSM3 . Not sure if qDSLRDashboard is supposed to work with non SLR camera (the clue is in the title I guess) but thought I'd give it a go. Again from the S4 with USB connection - no crash but no Live View and no Shutter activation - in fact doesn't respond to anything but seems to be able to read the aperture / shutter / ISO info. Similar behaviour on the Nexus 7 2012.

I'll send logs to support email as well.

Hope it helps.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Was trying to use V0.3 beta 5 but was having issues with not being able to record video using a D7200 so i tried this and same issues.

Here is a quick rundown of the issues

On V0.3 beta 5
-Could not record video using D7200 in any setting (M or A) either UBS or wifi
-Can not download recorded videos from camera to phone using USB, only wifi

On V0.3 beta 7
-Still ca not record video using D7200 in any setting (M or A) either UBS or wifi
-Can not download recorded videos either via USB or wifi
-Can not playback any pictures either RAW or JPEG, only a black preview shows up

PS. i am willing to provided logs if i can get debug version of the app.
Shaiith

Post by Shaiith »

Hi.
I tested on Canon 7D and Canon 5D Mark III, via USB and WiFi using TP Link router MR3040. Application is installed on HTC One, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10,5. On both device I have Android 5.0.2.
I make timelapse using sunset mode, max ISO set to 3200, and max shutter speed set to 4 sek.
This is my test results:
1. On Canon 7D application via USB or Tp Link application crashes and closed when try to connect to camera. This is happened both on HTC One and Samsung Galaxy tab 10,5.
2. On Canon 5D Mark III application on Tablet and HTC One connected successfully. But always in LRTimelapse mode application stop changing shutter speed when is equal 1 sek. and never change ISO. The picture at the end is dark and references values is less than 12.
Maybe I something wrong.
Thank you in advance for your help.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

There is also a beta8: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing

What interval did you use with the 4sec slowest shutter speed?
Shaiith

Post by Shaiith »

Now I using qDslrDashboard_V0.3.beta8_Android_arm
Is better but not perfect.
Now I can connect to Canon 7D without crashing the application.
But in Timelapse mode application cant change the shutter speed more than 1,3".
I notice the strange thing. When shutter is release in camera the value of shutter speed flickering, but nothing change. Is like the application wanted to change the shutter speed but cant for some reason.
Floating reference id 142 and Reference is 1400. Max shutter speed is set to 4", max ISO is set to 3200.

Interval is set to 5 sek.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Here is better.
Did you use an external interval timer or the qDD one?
What interval did you use?
Shaiith

Post by Shaiith »

I use external interval timer connected to camera. You think the interval value is to short?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

What interval did you use?
Does the interval timer have the Canon half press problem?
Canon DSLR does not allow changing the properties (shutter/iso) while the shutter button is half pressed.
Some external interval timers (like the Chinese one that I have) do a half press 3 seconds before the capture.
So event if you set the slowest shutter speed to 4 second and your interval to 8 second qDD will be not able to change the shutter/iso as the shutter button will be half pressed from 5 to 8 seconds.
Shaiith

Post by Shaiith »

I use Phottix external interval. And you absolutely right. When I set the interval value to 8 sek application can change the shutter and ISO value. I didn't know about this half press 3 seconds before the capture when I use external interval. Now I tested interval timer in qDD and is work perfect. Thanks for your help. And I apologies for my lack of knowledge.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Can you confirm if beta8 solves the no video recording in live view with the D7200?

All I krep seeing is Canon posts but no mention on Nikon.