qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta7 for Android ARM

qDslrDashbord error reports
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta7 for Android ARM

Post by hubaiz »

adinis78 wrote:All I krep seeing is Canon posts but no mention on Nikon.
Canon does not release SDK's for their DSLR like Nikon does and the users helping me solve problems with models that I don't have. Not sure why would be that wrong or hinder Nikon users in any way.
adinis78 wrote:Can you confirm if beta8 solves the no video recording in live view with the D7200?
Can't confirm that as I don't have the D7200 and in qDD the movie recording is done according the Nikon SDK.
Did you try the beta8? Does movie recording work with D7200 in beta8?
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Have not tried it as of yet but will do. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm Willing to help as much as I can to try and get the app to work 100% with the D7200. Just let me know what you need from me . thank you and will updated once Ive installed and testes beta8
tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

Zoltan,

Beta 8 appears to have fixed all the issues that I reported with my Canon 7D.

This is indeed a great product which I will certainly get much use out of. Thank you VERY MUCH for your dedication to this project!!!!!

Best regards,
Tom Maugham
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Just tried V0.3 beta8 and still not able to record video. I have camera set in video mode, i have tried M and A and nothing, The button that shows the video camera logo is white and when i press it nothing happens. I have even tried holding down the button and nothing. One thing i did notice was the while moving the camera and in live view on the app, the movement is very fluid. With other versions it wasn't.

What i can do is the following, Record video with camera as normal. Then connect app to camera and then playback video on my phone. The only issue i had with the video i took is that no sound plays back on the phone, but on the camera is ok.
tmaugham

Post by tmaugham »

Zoltan,

When I said (in a post just above) that beta 8 has solved all the problems with my Canon 7D that I reported I was correct. but unfortunately a new problem has developed: Unless I'm doing something wrong (which is always possible) images are not being saved in the camera.

If I'm doing something wrong please set me on the correct path otherwise please correct this when you can...

Thanks,
Tom Maugham
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Few more problems with Nikon:
With Nikon D5200 (possibly with other from D3x00 and D5x00 lines also) focus stacking misbehaves. Usually it just stops taking photos with "Focus stacking [Stop]" on top. It happens just after few photos (2-3) or after a lot of photos.
If continuous shooting set to "Ch" (high speed) it takes sometimes 2 or 3 photos in continuous mode (with out mirror down).
After it has stopped camera needs to be turned of or disconnected from USB because sometimes it hangs up with shutter open.

If delay between shots is set it takes only one photo and than hungs with "Focus stacking [Stop]" on top of the screen.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

GonzoG wrote:Few more problems with Nikon:
With Nikon D5200 (possibly with other from D3x00 and D5x00 lines also) focus stacking misbehaves. Usually it just stops taking photos with "Focus stacking [Stop]" on top. It happens just after few photos (2-3) or after a lot of photos.
If continuous shooting set to "Ch" (high speed) it takes sometimes 2 or 3 photos in continuous mode (with out mirror down).
After it has stopped camera needs to be turned of or disconnected from USB because sometimes it hangs up with shutter open.

If delay between shots is set it takes only one photo and than hungs with "Focus stacking [Stop]" on top of the screen.
I saw your post after I already built and uploaded beta9
Here is a fixed beta9.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMZ8X ... sp=sharing
I did fixed the focus stacking problems with Nikon and tested on D7100/D5000 and worked as it should.
Please if you have time check if this solves the problem.