Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Ezee

custom bracketing

Post by Ezee »

Samsung galaxy note 10.1
Nikon D7000
qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta5

Hi,
Recently installed newest version of your great software.

Working like a dream and a nice clean UI. Noticed improvement on cam detection for my setup.

Only problem I met was the disabled custom bracketing feature that is working perfectly in version 0.30.33 (google play version) that I used previously.
Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong or is it an intentional change?

Would love to have it available like in the old version of the program because the internal bracketing of the cam is rather limited.

Thanks in advance for your answer
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: custom bracketing

Post by hubaiz »

Custom bracketing should work with D7000.
What settings did you use?
There is beta7 also available: http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=5&t=430
Ezee

Post by Ezee »

Thanks for your fast reply

I was fooling around with it some more in the meantime and discovered custom bracketing only works in Manual and Aperture priority :shock: ......I know these are mentioned in the generic manual but not as being limited to just these two to enable the function. In the old version of the program this was not in place I guess.

Will install the .7 beta anyway to see what great stuff you bringing us with this version.

Thanks again for al your great work.

L.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

In what exposure mode did you try to use it? I can check it, if it works I can enable it.
Ezee

Post by Ezee »

I was initially trying in Shutter priority, mostley I will use Manual mode though.

I read in the user manual that in Manual mode the shutter speed is being changed to adapt exposure value, that in my case is not ideal due to the type of photography I am doing.

Would it be an idea to ad the possibility of free selection on wich particular value will be increased/decreased for the level of light exposure...?

Not a hunch if this technicaly possible, but qurious on your thoughts.

Thanking in advance.

L.