D7200 with 0.3beta5 crashing

qDslrDashbord error reports
Philip

D7200 with 0.3beta5 crashing

Post by Philip »

I have the D7200 set up as Raw+JPEG_Basic and the idea is to have the jpegs send to my laptop (Dell XPS13) for instant viewing by others while I can see the RAW file myself on the camera LCD and zoom in to check focus.

What happens is that after a shot the camera changes to 'PC' mode, just like when I connect it to Nikons' Camera Control Pro using USB, which makes the LCD blank out. This is a bit annoying in the sense that I have to wait for the transfer to complete, only a few seconds when the laptop is close, then press the play button and view the image. I hope there's a way around this?

More serious is that I cannot take an image when 'PC' is visible on the LCD screen (which means I miss images) while when several images are in the pipeline qDSLRdashboard crashes.

I need to be able to take images at a speed of about 0.5 to 1 sec apart over a prolonged period and when needed check the latest image at 100% on the camera LCD. Furthermore all small jpeg images must be downloaded in the background (to be viewed by others and to be registered by my own program) where it's no problem if they trail a bit behind the actual shooting. As you might have guessed this is a professional setup and I'm willing to make a fat donation when the above works reliably. As of yet it's not really usable for me.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: D7200 with 0.3beta5 crashing

Post by hubaiz »

Do you capture with the D7200 capture button or with the qDD 'Capture' button?
Do you use continuous capture?
Philip

Post by Philip »

I use the D7200 shutter button, shooting handheld with studio strobes, in Single frame capture but sometimes rather quickly,like 0.5 sec apart. For my needs the program should merely act as a 'dumb' but very reliable wireless recording device for the small jpegs, which should stay on the laptop when the shooting is done.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I solved the crashing problem.
The PC mode is enabled by camera when the new 'high transfer' command is used.
Will see to add an option to use the old download command, that will not trigger the host mode.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Sounds good, I have plenty time to test this week if you have a new .exe.
adinis78

Post by adinis78 »

Philip, have you been able to record video using the app? or you only do photos? thanks.
Philip

Post by Philip »

No, I did try a bit but couldn't get it to work; that may be my limited experience with both video and the program. I'm into photography for a long time, just starting to play with video.

One thing to note, I found qDSLRdashboard still running in the background using 30% CPU after it crashed. Together with a Realtec audio program the CPU was running @ 60% continuously, reducing my battery time to a quarter of it's normal value. Easy to solve but it had me puzzled for a while.