D750

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
5ivesense

D750

Post by 5ivesense »

Hello All- I'm new to this forum as I just learned about dSLR Dashboard.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but does anyone have practical experience with dSLR Dashboard and the Nikon D750? If so, what are your impressions? I will receive my D750 tomorrow and I'm eager to learn how to maximize the WiFi capability.

Thank you.
mexican

Re: D750

Post by mexican »

In my experience, everything is working fine with my D750 so far.
Tried it with an Android phone (Wifi and USB using OTG adapter), iPad (wifi) and PC (USB).
espaan

Post by espaan »

Same here, on iOS D750 works fine

edit: via Wifi BTW
TeeWayne

Post by TeeWayne »

Just joined the forum a few minutes ago. I'm getting ready to read through all of the docs to start the knowledge transfer into my old brain. :lol:

I too recently acquired a D750 and briefly tested the wifi connection on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I had some stability issues so far but more work for me.

I also would like to use the Wifi capability on my Windows (8.1)Surface Pro. Will I need to install the WinUSB piece of this product if I only use Wifi? I have used the software Control Nikon and it works flawlessly with the USB but I need the wifi/wireless control to work and wanted to know if anyone else has done that? I've also used the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility but it is limited to shutter release as far as I have been able to determine.

Thanks - I'll try to figure out most of this stuff on my own but wanted to just check in a say HI!

TeeWayne
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

No you don't need the WinUSB driver if you will only use wireless. It is only needed if you connect your camera with USB.
espaan

Post by espaan »

TeeWayne wrote:Just joined the forum a few minutes ago. I'm getting ready to read through all of the docs to start the knowledge transfer into my old brain. :lol:

I too recently acquired a D750 and briefly tested the wifi connection on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I had some stability issues so far but more work for me.
just to add in the wifi connection remarks, make sure you turn of any automatic locking of the device (that drops the wifi connection) and for me with an iphone6 the distance could not be too far away. For regular shots no problem, but when you also fire the camera via qDslrDashboard at a distance you want to make sure that it's firing. Especially for timelapses. I saw that Gunther of LRTimelapse also triggers the camera usually with an hardwired interval trigger and lets qdslrdashboard adjust exposure for auto holy grail timelapse.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Just curious for those of you that have the D750, and say it working fine, what devices are you using(tablet wise). I am using 2 different iPads, and Iphone. One iPad and iPhone works, but crashes when I try to capture video. Other iPad, just crashes just after it connects. Thanks to all,

Tony
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

It is not possible to record movies and to use built-in Wi-Fi.
This is clearly stated in camera user manual - starting movie recording turns off Wi-Fi.
espaan

Post by espaan »

Good to know. Havent tried this actually. Still kind of weird that Nikon would limit this. Would be nice for Nature work (Birds, animals, etc) to be able to start a video remote and stop again.

So a wireless router like the TP would still work for this ? Not using the builtin wifi.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Yes, when the camera is connected with USB the movie recording can be started.