How to shorten wifi communication delay while shooting timelapse intervals?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Willyao

How to shorten wifi communication delay while shooting timelapse intervals?

Post by Willyao »

Hello guys,
Just wondering:how can i shorten the wifi communication delay while shooting timelapse intervals?
The case is, i've just tested my setup in lrtimelapse mode, and if the gap between exposure and interval is shorter than 4 or 5 seconds, i get misfire.This means that if i'm exposing 6 seconds for night time , i have to use 11 seconds interval to make sure i don't lose any frame! This is sometime too slow and will result the footage looking "too fast".
So i was wondering what if i wants to capture more frames as much as possible by shortening the gap? Will using an usb cable instead of wifi helps reduce the delay time? If so, i don't think the Sony mirroless' is supporting usb cable? Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance!
lkunl

Re: How to shorten wifi communication delay while shooting timelapse intervals?

Post by lkunl »

I have same problem. My camera Sony A7R send jpg to tablet very slow.
Even 2mp file with high speed SD card still get dark time 4-5s.

Maybe you should try sony timelapse app.
It work same way with bulb ramping device but only able to ramp shutter speed.
You can do D2N almost no flicker with the app.
lkunl

Post by lkunl »

You will get 2s fastest interval with sony timelapse app.
Willyao

Post by Willyao »

Hi, thanks for the reply!
I actually started off shooting TL with the app, until recently i find out the app isnt "professional" enough since i cant ramp the intervals, cant change iso or even aperture during shooting, and it cause flicker for me a lot especially when shooting D2N in AET with Av mode =( I'm pretty curious how do you get flicker free result with the app?
But just like you mentioned, the interval is really short when using the app, i can use 1-2 seconds interval without problem, only if the card could keep up.So now, i use qDD when there will be many stops of light changing, and i'll switch to the app when there isnt any change in light.
lkunl

Post by lkunl »

Yes, app can not ramp interval iso or apature. I hope they will give more option on next version.
I use canon lens with metabone adapter and twist lens while using the app and set auto light tracking to LOW with AV mode. :D
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

You cannot get flicker free results if using any kind of automated exposure.

To get even exposure you need PC software that will even exposure between shots.
LRTimelapse on PC will do that.