Image Sharing With Clients.

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
damodharan

Image Sharing With Clients.

Post by damodharan »

Hi,

Is there a way you could add image sharing with clients / art director. What I mean is if the client / art director could watch all the images I shoot on a different screen like a bigger monitor by connecting to the IP address without disturbing me while I am shooting with my my iPad. Also if there is a way the client / art director could rate the images with stars so I know what the client likes and to edit only the 5 star rated images.
willi_lowflyer

Re: Image Sharing With Clients.

Post by willi_lowflyer »

This is very high on my list too. This would be a brilliant feature. IMHO it is not necessary to "control" the camera, just watching/downloading the images would be sufficient.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

For that you would have to connect camera WiFi and tabled to another network with internet access, configure tablet to sync downloaded form camera photos with some cloud.
damodharan

Post by damodharan »

Since this entire system is on a local wifi network it must be also possible to connect to a specific IP address to just share the images on another computer. something like ( http://192.168.1.1/ ) which has a interface like the image viewer or something. Guess the coding team will be able to figure this out.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

There is no coding team, it's just Zoltan.

And when it comes to computers, it's simply to do it by your self - just download photos to folder shared in local network.

When it comes to iOS or Android devices - it's much more complicated and as I recall iOS does not allow simply remote access to files on devices.

Other thing it that for every system (sometimes every version) you need different implementation which means a lots of work.
damodharan

Post by damodharan »

I came across capture pilot check this video ( https://youtu.be/AyMZCRgOutY ) this is exactly what I meant.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

As I can see this is exactly not what you wrote you want.
With Capture One you control camera wit PC and iPad is just secondary remote monitor not control device.
There is no controlling camera from iPad.

The same can be done with any picture viewer that supports network drives (like QuickPic on Android).
Just make folder with pics available in network and connect viewer do that folder. Tablet and PC just need to be connected to camera WiFi - don't know if it will work with camera built in WiFi due to lack of networking capabilities in camera, it will work with MR3040.