Focus Stacking and Continuous Capture mixing up

qDslrDashbord error reports
AInglese

Focus Stacking and Continuous Capture mixing up

Post by AInglese »

Hi.

This problem occurs with V0.3 beta 9 and 10 for Android ARM, MR3040 or USB connection, Galaxy S3 smartphone or Galaxy Tab PRO.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I enter the Focus Stacking mode and set the parameters (Direction: Closest, Frame Count -5- and Step -Small- unchanged, Start point: Current, End Point: FP1).
When done, I press the Capture button, then Focus Stacking and Continuous Capture are both initiated as you can see on the underneath screen capture.
Continuous Capture seems to have priority since capturing endlessly goes on until I stop it by pressing the Continuous Capture Stop button. Then Continuous Capture stops and Focus Stacking too after one more shot (I decided to stop after having taken more pictures than the Frame Count of 5).

Alain.
AInglese

Re: Focus Stacking and Continuous Capture mixing up

Post by AInglese »

What a fool I am! I realized that during this test the Continuous Capture option was probably set on my camera.
Sorry for this wrong alert: no mix up with Focus Stacking when Continuous Capture is unset.
Therefore this was not really an error but I suggest that qDD should check if Continuous Capture is on when using Focus Stacking and should inhibit the Capture Button if yes.