Indiicator Lights on TP-Link

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
BillWYellowstone

Indiicator Lights on TP-Link

Post by BillWYellowstone »

What do the lights indicate? Obviously the wifi and power, what about the furthest out light? Does any indicate connection to camera is successful?

I am trying to find the way to get this going every time, right now, not working. No changes I can think of since when it did work.

Has anyone come up with a sequence? Mine is TP on, be sure it is connected via wifi to kindle. Turn on camera. Let things settle, turn on program, touch network icon. This has worked and now it isn't. Not sure where to look.
BillWYellowstone

Re: Indiicator Lights on TP-Link

I guess one thing I am asking, is there a light to indicate the successful camera connection? If not, I seem to remember something when connected and programming via ethernet to assign light, but can't seem to resurrect that screen.
BillWYellowstone

Found the light settings, but would like to know how to configure, is the camera considered a USB device?

Guessing not many folks actually read the notes on here, looking through all the other questions, don't see many answers.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

You can only set lights to signal router status. (WiFi active, USB connection active, etc.)
Cannot set to signal application status like successful connection between remote app and camera.
BillWYellowstone

USB active, should it show active if getting some kind of signal from the camera?
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Yes, the LED lights up when camera connected (turned on camera). Nothing to do with qDD
Blinks when there is any kind of data transfer between camera and qDD on remote device. qDD transfers data only when needed so the is no continuous transfer.
BillWYellowstone

The USB light is set for on with wan. Sometimes it lights sometimes not. Haven't been able to coonect camera to kindle for a week. Seems to be no help here. Getting frustratd. I have even reset TP and start over. anyone? ideas?
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

It is only called WAN because primarily USB port on MR3040 is for connecting 3G modems.

When USB light does not light up it only means that you do not have correct connection between camera and MR3040.
Try different USB cable. It should light up even with any pendrive.
BillWYellowstone

It worked for a bit last night, just messing around with it at the desk. Then it suddenly stopped. One thing though, the Kndle battery was down around 12%. Will try again tonoght. Maybe just low battery issue.

I found a way to change the port so that they matched, although it did work when they did not match, so not likely that was an issue.

I am hoping that once I work through these issues, I can just connect and go.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

USB LED is independent from qDD. It should light up after any USB device connected.
It blinks only when there is data transmission with tablet.