Problems with new IOS verson 0.2.5 on Iphone

qDslrDashbord error reports
tlwangerin

Problems with new IOS verson 0.2.5 on Iphone

Post by tlwangerin »

I am seeing various problems with the latest version for the iPhone that were working fine in the previous release:

-Crashes/hangs after a few minutes of usage
- cannot re-connect after crash without restarting QDslrdashboard and sometimes the camera
- Buttons become inactive after a while and then QDD exits
- Full range of aperture's on some lenses are not displayed. i.e. a 2.8 lens only goes down to 3.2

My hardware:
Nikon D7000
iPhone 4 running IOS v 7.1.2
tplink 3040

FYI: I have the android version running on a Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and don't experience any of the issues listed above
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Problems with new IOS verson 0.2.5 on Iphone

Post by hubaiz »

tlwangerin wrote: -Crashes/hangs after a few minutes of usage
- cannot re-connect after crash without restarting QDslrdashboard and sometimes the camera
I worked a lot on the iOS version in the past days/weeks so hope the next version will be more stable for you.
tlwangerin wrote: - Buttons become inactive after a while and then QDD exits
Can you give me an example how to reproduce? What was you doing when the buttons become inactive?
tlwangerin wrote: - Full range of aperture's on some lenses are not displayed. i.e. a 2.8 lens only goes down to 3.2
This works on Android? qDD gets the aperture values from camera, so if it works on Android it will work the same on iOS
tlwangerin

Post by tlwangerin »

I worked a lot on the iOS version in the past days/weeks so hope the next version will be more stable for you.
Sounds good. Will make sure to give it a try when available.
Can you give me an example how to reproduce? What was you doing when the buttons become inactive?
Nothing specific, just after a while when I press a button option it doesn't highlight the button or do anything, although it does appear that some other buttons/options may work ok. It may be just the iPhone 4, and I'm not waiting long enough. Eventually, after I start seeing this behavior, QDD will just exit
This works on Android? qDD gets the aperture values from camera, so if it works on Android it will work the same on iOS
Yeah that's weird, but I do get different results whether I'm using the IOS or Android version. (Same camera, same lens)
tlwangerin

Post by tlwangerin »

Update:
Tried the new V.0.2.7 version on my iPhone 4 and still get exits or disconnects from the camera.

It does seem a bit better, as previously the app would just exit, now it just disconnects from the camera more than exiting.

Seems I can do basic things, like AF, snap a picture, set camera properties, etc. When I try to use focus stacking, bracketing or something more complex, the app disconnects from the camera and goes back to the startup screen. I do have to exit the app and power cycle the camera to reconnect again.

The iPhone 4 only has 512 mb of RAM, so maybe this could be some "out of memory" error that isn't handled either by the app or the OS.

Also using DD on a iPhone 4 is really slow and as DD grows this will probably get worse.

I'm using it on my Android tablet without any issues. I just don't always have my tablet handy and thought the iPhone version would be nice.