Dual Screen

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
manfrotto

Dual Screen

Post by manfrotto »

Hello:

We are using actually DSLR Assistant at the estudio. We work wi¡with a 27" iMac and my employee preparing all the product set in a 27" LCD attached to my iMac.
The DSLR Assistant provides a function to do that: a second screen with out the camera controls, only the Live View image.

Is there something similar with dslrdashboard? Will be a great function.

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Sorry, but i was studying french at school, no english... ;)
GonzoG

Re: Dual Screen

Post by GonzoG »

No. You cannot do something like this with qDD.
Only one remote device/instance of qDD can be connected.
jeasolar

Post by jeasolar »

I just started using qdslrDashboard after figuring out how to add a wireless dongle to connect my new Nikon D7200 to my Windows 7 studio computer. I like it so far but would like to see the captured images on a second monitor screen instead of overlaying the controls.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

With built-in WiFi it is and probably will be impossible.
Maybe Zoltan in future will add possibility to connect 2 devices but to ddserver that's running on WiFi routers with OpenWRT and Linux.
mcaldera

Post by mcaldera »

new here and looking around.

I've seen mention that having two devices connected to same camera is not easily possible. Makes sense.

The way I read the original comment is on computer to support a second monitor. This isn't the same thing as a second computer connected to the camera. Would only work on Apple or Windows that physically has two monitors. Shouldn't be that hard to create a Live View window, view only. Would be very useful for studio situation.

Just a developer trying to translate... If not wanted, tell me and I'll gladly shut up.