0.3.4 very SLOW Nikon D600 with Nexus 10

qDslrDashbord error reports
tpfhannover

0.3.4 very SLOW Nikon D600 with Nexus 10

Post by tpfhannover »

Hello Folks,
i used the old DSLR Dashboard for the last years (?) and months and decided to switch to the Google Play Android Version 0.3.4 because of two reasons: First i think great software should be supported, second i like the new modern ui instead of the candy like blue buttons of the first version.

But i have have a huge problem with Version 0.3.4 ...

i use it with a nexus 10 tablet (no root). Sometimes with the WU-1b and sometimes with an USB Micro to USB Mini Adapter (Depends on the shooting situation, i prefer without wires but thats not the point right now).

The first Version runs very fast without any lags or other problems. Version 0.3.4 is slow as hell, its not even possible to use the live view mode. (see Video):

- https://goo.gl/photos/DvrPbMRSsiy32vLd9

The Programm only slows down when the tablet is connected, otherwise it runs very fast.

I tried different things like "USB Debugging Mode" i tried to install the App on another Nexus 10 a Nexus 7 and on my HTC One M7 with the same result.

So im pretty sure its the camera, but the question is why the first program runs very fast and the 0.3.4 is slow?! Did i something wrong? Is there an option to fix this issue?

Thanks for the help!

greetings from germany!
GonzoG

Re: 0.3.4 very SLOW Nikon D600 with Nexus 10

Post by GonzoG »

It might be your tablets issue. It has huge screen and not so good CPU and GPU and qDD need a lot of processing power for real-time video rendering.
TimO

Post by TimO »

I have exactly the same issue with a Nikon D3300. Extremely slow (unusable) with Nexus 10. Works fine with LG G3 but the screen is too small for my liking.

The Nexus 10 is slow whether Live View is on or not so it is not a GPU problem.

Thanks.
kbklarry

Post by kbklarry »

I have the same problem using my Nexus 10 with a D800 and MR3040. In live view mode, when I change the focal point by tapping on the screen, I have waited between 4 and 9 seconds for the focus indicator to move to its new location. On the other hand, my Nexus 6P had good response times.
TimO

Post by TimO »

Latest update (fix USB problems on some Samsung devices) has made no difference. Strangely it is still listed as version 0.3.4...
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

TimO wrote:Latest update (fix USB problems on some Samsung devices) has made no difference. Strangely it is still listed as version 0.3.4...
It is still v3.4.
And the problems with some Samsung devices (other some) is in system - Samsung blocked USB-host so qDD won't work until (if) Samsung will fix it.
TimO

Post by TimO »

GonzoG wrote:
TimO wrote:Latest update (fix USB problems on some Samsung devices) has made no difference. Strangely it is still listed as version 0.3.4...
It is still v3.4.
And the problems with some Samsung devices (other some) is in system - Samsung blocked USB-host so qDD won't work until (if) Samsung will fix it.
Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't see a problem listed with "some" Smsung devices listed in the all description and still can't.
Shame, as dslrDashboard worked well with my Nexus 10 and D40.
Will be requesting refund unfortunately.

Refund received but will definitely purchase if confirmation of compatibility is given.