Wireless to Windows PC?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
russellsnr

Wireless to Windows PC?

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, OK i no how to connect with with the 3040 and via Canon's wireless option to Android, have also got the USB option on the Windows 7 but not being the brightest bulb in the room when it comes to computers and networking can someone please explain in laymens terms how/if you can connect wireless to the Win 7 PC please?
Thankyou
Russ.
cathy

Re: Wireless to Windows PC?

Post by cathy »

For win 7 I connect my laptop to the mr3040 router than start qDslrDashboard .....THATS all you have to do !
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi and THANK YOU Cathy. Connected with the MR3040 but for the life cannot figure out how to do so or even if possible to connect via the built in Canon wireless on my 6D so I don't have the 3040 hanging at the side and the possibility of battery going flat. I have a flash trigger in the hot shoe of the camera so attaching the 3040 there is not an option.
Thanks again. Russ
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

You need to co set up WiFi connection in camera.
On windows you can use Canon application (EOS remote) or qDD.
Setup for EOS remote is simple - choose EOS remote.
For qDD choose PC connection.
After start WiFi in camera, connect with PC and than again on camera you have to allow your PC to connect with camera.
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, GonzoG. Connection via the Canon EOS remote is no problem but connection via qDD I just cannot work it out so any more help would be much appreciated.
Thankyou. Russ
baer

Post by baer »

Hi,
I hope it is ok to post my question in this thread. It's not about Canon but about wifi-/laptop-Connections.
My question:
I want to get a Nikon D3 to communicate wirelessly with a Window-10-laptop. At the same time that laptop has to access the companies' network via WLAN. Is it possible to integrate the NikonD3/TP-Link-system in an existing network or does it always provide ist own wifi-access-point?

I'd be glad about some help because that's far beyond my understanding...