Reconnecting after long absence

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
dlindey

Reconnecting after long absence

Post by dlindey »

I'm looking for some assistance in being able to use qDSLRDashboard on my D800 & D810 cameras. I last used the application 2 years ago. I am using a TPLink 3020 router. I also have a D750 and have not yet today tried to connect but assume that I will. Lets solve one problem first.

This am I tried to connect my D810. I connected the TPLink 3020 to the camera, launched qDSLRDashboard and the following is displayed in the app:

Searching for DDServer ... not found
The app then looks for a camera or app connected to 192.168.1.1

I then connected to the DDServer Wifi on my laptop (running on a Mac) and I am able to trigger the camera via the qDSLRDashboard app.

Next I connect my intervalometer and start the timer but the camera does not trigger. The intervalometer is cycling as programmed but no camera trigger. I noticed the display on the top window of the D810 shows PC with a timing bar cycling. I can trigger the camera via the qDSLRDashboard app but again the intervalometer is not trigger the camera.

What am I missing here? I apologize for what may be a stupid question but I am dumbfounded. I have tried to methodically troubleshoot (being an engineer) and haven't included all that I have tried in this post so as to not bore the forum. I'm looking for the straight-forward solution. After I solve the D810/D800 issue I will move on to the D750. I assume this will not be so challenging as the camera WiFi is what will be used.

One point is that I am trying to resolve this issue because I have a time-lapse project that I am planning on executing this coming weekend that is going to involve rapidly changing light conditions i.e. Day to night and night to day holy grail sequences.

Another question, do I need to update the firmware in the TPLink 3020?

Thanks so much in advance for your comments and help.

Regards

Dave Lindey

Niagara Region Canada
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Reconnecting after long absence

Post by hubaiz »

I would suggest to update the MR3020 firmware with the latest available at https://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/ (scroll down)
Also check this post regarding DDServer problems: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2101