qDslrDashboard V0.3.4 is now available with the following changes
- added BULB capture for Sony cameras that support it (needs the latest ‘Smart remote‘ on camera)
- added custom bracketing for Sony cameras (A and M mode)
- added Lumix GH4 (and probably other Lumix models that support PTP mode) USB connection (their PTP implementation is very basic, capture, change shutter/aperture/iso, browse/download images)
- other fixes reported by users
I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
qDslrDashboard V0.3.3 is now available for all the supported platforms.
Starting from this version the Android version is available from the Google Play Store.
Also the Android version isn’t free anymore (one reason for this change is that I’m still unemployed and the second reason is to make it equal to the iOS version)
For the Raspberry Pi 2 version the latest Raspbian (Jessie) image was used. You must use the raspi-config to set 256MB memory for the GPU.
On OSX El Capitan the only way I could get USB working was by executing ‘sudo killall -9 PTPCamera’ after the DSLR was connected with USB (hope there will be a better solution in future)
I also got reports that there is still a problem on iOS version with the Canon 5D MII DSLR (changing focus point in live view will crash the application) that I will address with a quick fix.
In V0.3 version I rewrote most of the core classes and fixed lot of the stability problems present in V0.2.9
Also reworked the UI and it should be faster now including live view.
New in V0.3 is the NMX control screen and the interval controller.
The NMX screen can be used for controlling the Dynamic Perception NMX Controller. On Android and iOS it can be controlled using Bluetooth, on desktop versions the USB connection (USB serial connection) can be used.
The Interval Controller (IC) can be used to create advanced interval captures using the NMX Controller and connected DSLR cameras.
Here beta10 for Android ARM: qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta10 Android ARM
- added a live view preview for NMX screen if there is an active DSLR
- some changes to the Nikon capture handling (should improve interval timer)
- fixed the interval ramping in interval timer (also added easing for ramping)
- added checks for LrTimelapse screen (exposure mode should be M, not in bulb capture, auto ISO disabled, RAW+JPG image format)
- fix for NMX USB serial communication (should improve OSX USB serial communication)
Will see to build beta10 for other platforms in the coming days.
qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta5 is available on following links:
NOTE: Windows and Linux user should just unpack the archive into an existing qDslrDashboard V0.2.9 folder and start with ‘qDslrDashboard_V0.3.beta5.exe’ on Windows or with ‘qDslrDashboard_V3_beta5.sh’ on Linux.
qDslrDashboard V0.3 first beta is available on following links:
Windows and Linux user should just unpack the archive into an existing qDslrDashboard V0.2.9 folder and start with ‘qDslrDashboard_V0.3.beta1.exe’ on Windows or with ‘qDslrDashboard_V3_beta1.sh’ on Linux.
I put a lot of effort into V0.3 to make it more stable. Rewrote all the core components that are responsible for communication with the connected DSLR.
I also reworked the UI, it is more simple now and should be more responsive.
Please test it and report back any problems that you encounter on the forum.
There is a test version for Windows and Linux for the new Interval Controller and the NMX Controller integeration.
More info here: Interval Controller & NMX Controller test version
If you have suggestion/error report please do it in forum.
Did some more work on the NMX Controller and got the programming part also working. Hope till end of week I can build a test version for the desktop platforms.
Here is the new NMX Controller screen:
A user pointed me to the HAME MPR-A2 portable wireless router and after checking that OpenWrt works on it I ordered one from here:
After around 1 month it finally arrived.
The OpenWrt images (with ddserver) are here:
HAME MPR-A2 uImage
HAME MPR-A2 sysupgrade
You need both images, first the ‘uImage’ is flashed using the original HAME administration interface and after that using the OpenWrt administration interface the ‘sysupgrade’ image is flashed.
I wrote a small flashing instructions : HAME MPR-A2 flashing instructions
Here is an image compared to TP-Link MR3040 (V1)
Uploaded V0.2.9 for all platform and also will submit for review for iOS devices
– fox for crash introduced in V0.2.7 that hit some of the Canon DSLR
– added D7200 (property values included)
– added new live view and image renderer
– added option to connect to all discovered DSLR (USB, ddserver)
– added option to sync DSLR date/time on connection start
– added live view ghost image with a dialog for JPG selection
– added image sharing for mobile platforms (Android, iOS) in gallery and image viewer
– fixed error in LRTimelapse that prevented ‘sunrise’ to work with ‘Auto direction’ enabled
– moved to LibRaw V0.17 Alpha4 (D3300 NEF files work now)
– added delay for focus stacking
– added delay for sky stacking
– fixed Unicode image folder on Windows
– other small fixes that where reported
Version V0.2.8 is skipped so that all platforms have the same version.